I’m always excited whenever OK Go releases another innovative and mainstream-technology-defying music video. The first time that I learned about the Rube Goldberg machines was when I first saw the video for OK Go’s song, “This Too Shall Pass”.
The Museum of Pop Culture in Seattle, Washington will celebrate the opening of The Art of Rube Goldberg at an opening day event on February 11, 2017 at MoPOP. Explore Goldberg’s wacky, wonderful world of intricate invention and his impact on pop culture at a day filled with all-ages activities.
- Date: Saturday, February 11, 2017
- Time: 10:00am–3:00pm
- Venue: MoPOP; 325 5th Avenue N, Seattle, WA 98109
- Tickets: Free with museum admission.
- 11:00am: Welcome and Opening Remarks at the Sky Church
- 11:15am: The Legacy of Rube Goldberg + Gallery Tour
Explore the legacy of prolific cartoonist Rube Goldberg in a conversation with Jennifer George (Legacy Director, Rube Goldberg, Inc. and Goldberg’s granddaughter) and Michelle Gewirtz (Paper Conservator, Rube Goldberg, Inc.) at the Exhibit Entrance
- 2:00pm: Q&A with Ok Go’s Damian Kulash
Join GRAMMY®-nominated artist Damian Kulash, OK Go’s lead singer and guitarist, for a Q&A on the creation of the band’s Rube Goldberg-inspired music videos for “This Too Shall Pass” and “The One Moment” at the Sky Church
See more event details at MoPop.org