Here are my favorite inspiring moments shared by the founder of SociaLIGHT, Theresa Laurico, this September 2015 in Vancouver.
Crave a fulfilling Life
- Choose Fulfillment over Pleasure: “Too many of us use stuff or being busy to fill our emptiness…”
Your Morning dictates your Day
- Go Power hour in the morning: 20/20/20
- Gratitude / Prep for Day / Exercise
Money and our Dreams
- Have the courage to share your Dream
- We are shaped by the communities we serve
- “I am beyond any material possession… I am not defined by my money, but I am defined by my action!”
- “You have to treat yourself like an athlete… for the long stretch”
A room full of Recovering Perfectionists
- Perfectionist vs. Doing Your Best
- “Don’t deny people the gift of what you bring… You may share something that may change someone’s life.”
- “A call on your life, a light you’re meant to carry. You’re going to delivery many people out of Darkness.”
Oprah, I hope to see you at the next SociaLIGHT in Toronto!
SociaLIGHT provides empowerment, inspiration and support to early stage startups, leaders and entrepreneurs through conferences, a membership platform and educational media content.The brand, SociaLIGHT, is a spin off the modern day “Socialite” with a new spelling, meaning and acronym. The new SociaLIGHT is a “L.eader I.mpacting G.lobal H.umanity T.oday.”
Our mission is to serve 100 million startups, entrepreneurs, and leaders to build thriving and sustainable businesses that have a positive global impact, and to foster systemic leadership and innovation that embodies the quadruple bottom line “Passion. People. Planet. Profit.” SociaLIGHT is a for profit corporation that operates in Toronto and Vancouver. The annual SociaLIGHT Conference features international and local speakers and past contributors include Sir Richard Branson, Robin Sharma, Tony Hsieh and more. Over 1000 attendees come together to learn and connect and the event has been featured in Forbes, Huffington Post and called “The Mecca for Emerging Entrepreneurs” by You Inc.